- Reside or attend high school in Alameda or Contra Costa county.
- Submit a certified copy of the most recent transcript demonstrating a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA (or the equivalent on a 5.0 scale).
- Show proof of acceptance as a full-time undergraduate student in an accredited college or university.
- Have volunteered with a community-based organization or school group on a project benefitting an under-served community.
- Submit written proof of service from a school or program administrator outline the dates of participation.
- Submit two letters of recommendation by an academic counselor, advisor, teacher, community leader, minister, or person in a capacity who has direct knowledge of applicant's character, personality, leadership potential, capacity for growth, disciplined work habits, self-confidence, and/or but not limited to ability to take initiative. Letters of recommendation cannot be written by a parent or relative.
- Include a headshot photo.
- Email required items to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and "Scholarship Supporting Documents" in the subject line. For example: John Brown 2023 Andrew McCarter Memorial Scholarship Supporting Documents.pdf
Application Deadline is May 3, 2024
All decisions by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee are final and any attempts by applicants to lobby or persuade the committee during the process will result in immediate disqualification.
There will be a presentation ceremony for the award recipient on or about June 9, 2024. The award winner is required to be in attendance.
Awardee must provide verification of enrollment in an accredited college or university by emailing a copy of class registration in the fall to email@example.com before disbursement of funds is made.
Alpha Nu Sigma chapter reserves the right to publicize the name and image of the scholarship recipient on its website, social media, print publications and local media.